Atlanta, GA Traffic and Road Conditions
- Click or touch the map to move in different directions.
- If you do not see any markers on the map, try zooming in one or two levels using "+" on the top left side. However, they are not always available.
- Click an incident icon on the map to get more information.
Atlanta Traffic Alerts
GDOT has 7 Regional and 16 Highway Twitter feeds for traffic alerts. Each feed is targeted to a specific highway or region, so now you can follow just the accounts that interest you! Below is a list of the new Twitter accounts, as well as links to them. If you’re not currently on Twitter, sign up today!
Regional Twitter Feeds Link
Highway Twitter Feeds Link
I-75 in metro Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_I75_ATL
I-85 in metro Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_I85_ATL
I-285 in metro Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_I285_ATL
I-20 in metro Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_I20_ATL
SR 400 in metro Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_SR400_ATL
I-75 south of Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_I75_S_GA
I-75 north of Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_I75_N_GA
I-85 south of Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_I85_S_GA
I-85 north of Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_I85_N_GA
I-20 west of Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_I20_W_GA
I-20 east of Atlanta https://twitter.com/GDOT_I20_E_GA
I-95 across eastern Georgia https://twitter.com/GDOT_I95
I-16 between Macon & Savannah https://twitter.com/GDOT_I16
I-24 & I-59 northwestern Georgia https://twitter.com/GDOT_I24I59
Other ATL Highways (I-575, I-675, US 78, SR 141, SR 316 & SR 166) https://twitter.com/GDOT_othATLhwys
Other Georgia Highways (I-520, I-516, I-185 & I-985) https://twitter.com/GDOT_othGAhwys
The Transform 285/400 improvement project is designed to help reduce traffic congestion and enhance safety in the area near the I-285/SR 400 interchange in metro Atlanta. This priority project adds new flyover ramps, new collector-distributor lanes and other facilities to aid east-west travel along I-285 and north-south travel along SR 400.
The project will improve 4.3 miles of I-285 from west of Roswell Road to east of Ashford Dunwoody Road and 6.2 miles along SR 400 from the Glenridge Connector to Spalding Drive.
Barrow, Gwinnett, Jackson Counties
Overnight Lane Closures Planned for I-85 Widening Project
BRASELTON – Lane closures on I-85 in Gwinnett, Barrow, and Jackson counties will occur nightly next week as construction activities continue for the I-85 Widening project.
Beginning Jan 17, motorists should anticipate single-lane closures in both directions between Hamilton Mill Road in Gwinnett County and SR 211 in Barrow County. Work will occur nightly between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. through Friday night. Friday night, survey work will necessitate pacing all lanes in both directions between Hamilton Mill Road in Gwinnett County and SR 53 in Jackson County. Work will begin Friday night at 11 p.m. and end at 4 a.m. Saturday morning.
Starting Monday night Jan 21, guardrail repair installation at the Spout Springs Road bridge will necessitate closing one northbound lane between Hamilton Mill Road in Gwinnett County and SR 211 in Barrow County. Work will occur nightly between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. through Friday night. A southbound lane will close Wednesday between SR 211 in Barrow County and Hamilton Mill Road in Gwinnett County for work at the Spout Springs bridge. Work will occur nightly between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. through Friday night.
The Spout Springs Road bridge over I-85 will close to traffic Monday for approximately 180 days as crews replace the structure. Temporary signals will be placed at the intersections of Flowery Branch Road and SR 124 and Spout Springs Road and Flowery Branch Road to detour traffic around the work zone. Drivers are advised to obey posted speed limits and traffic control measures inside the project limits.
Additional information about the I-85 Widening project can be found at http://www.dot.ga.gov/BS/Projects/SpecialProjects/I85WideningI985SR53.
Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) will close a portion of SR 3/Northside Drive and SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive (MLK Jr. Drive) for activities in the two weeks preceding and after the day of Super Bowl LIII, Sunday, February 3.
- MLK Jr. Drive SW will be closed between Northside Drive NW and Centennial Olympic Park Drive NW beginning Monday, January 21. This closure will remain until Friday, February 8, after Super Bowl LIII.
- A continuous single lane closure on Northside Drive NW will be installed southbound beginning Saturday, January 26 until Saturday, February 2. This closure will allow for contractors to build a security fence surrounding the perimeter of the Mercedes-Benz stadium in preparation for the game.
- A full closure of Northside Drive NW between Ivan Allen Jr Blvd. and MLK Jr. Drive SW will begin 9 p.m., Saturday, February 2 and will end 5 a.m., Monday, February 4.
- On Northside Drive NW after Game Day, one southbound lane will be closed during the day and two southbound lanes will be closed nightly until Thursday, February 7. These continuous closures will be in place to allow contractors to breakdown and remove the security fence.
Northside Drive NW Detours (for full closure):
- Southbound towards Downtown Atlanta and the Stadium - Motorists traveling southbound towards Mercedes-Benz stadium will be directed to take Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy NW to Joseph E. Lowery Blvd NW. Make a left onto Joseph E. Lowery Blvd and continue straight to MLK Jr. Drive. Make a left onto MLK Jr. Drive; continue straight and make a right onto Northside Drive NW.
- Northbound towards Downtown Atlanta and the Stadium - Motorists traveling northbound towards Mercedes-Benz stadium will be directed to take Northside Drive NW to MLK Jr. Drive. Make a left onto MLK Jr. Drive and continue straight to Joseph E. Lowery Blvd; make a right and continue straight to Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy NW. Make a right onto Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy, then left onto Northside Drive NW.
Drivers will be alerted of these closures by advance warning signs, detour signs, message boards and closure signs. Before heading out, get real-time information on work status and traffic conditions. Call 511, visit 511ga.org, or download the Georgia 511 app.
Additional Road Closures
See below for the City of Atlanta Police Department NFL Super Bowl LIII traffic plans and detours. The link to the webpage is provided as well.
There will be road closures related to Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon starting Monday, January 21 through Friday, February 8. All road closures are subject to change. Please note that all information is subject to change.
For Road Closure info:
Super Bowl Campus
Starting Monday, January 21 through Friday, February 8
Baker St. NW will be closed between Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW and Luckie St. NW.
Starting Monday, January 21 through Thursday, February 7
Mitchell St. SW will be closed between MLK Jr. Dr. SW (South) to Elliot St SW.
Mangum St. will be closed between Markham St to Foundry St.
MLK Jr. Dr. SW (South) will be closed between Northside Dr. NW to Centennial Olympic Park Dr NW
Starting Wednesday, January 23 through Thursday, February 7
Andrew Young International Blvd. NW will be closed between Marietta St. NW and Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW.
Starting at 1 AM on Friday, February 1 through 5 PM on Sunday, February 3
Peachtree St. between Ponce De Leon Avenue and 3rd Street
There will be a full closure of Ponce De Leon Avenue and 3rd Street between West Peachtree and Peachtree
Super Bowl LIII: Gameday Closures
Starting the Evening of Saturday, February 2 through morning of Monday, February 4
Northside Dr. NW will be closed between Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd NW and MLK Jr. Dr. SW (South)
Construction, Minor impact.
Right lane (of 2) closed.
Expected clear: today 4:00 PM.
Last update: today 9:26 AM.
Construction, Moderate impact.
Right lane (of 4) closed.
Expected clear: today 3:00 PM.
Last update: today 10:09 AM.
NaviGAtor511 on Twitter
@GADeptofTrans @M_Dominic_1 We are looking into it now! Thanks!
RT @GDOTEastTraffic: @LiaWRDW @WRDW_WAGT Expect left lane closures on both sides of the river @ARC_EMA @SCDOTPress @SeanFrantom @GADeptofTr…